Registration, Warranty, Returns, Refunds, and Repair
This section provides customer support information such as the return material authorization policy as well as methods of obtaining E.E.Tools technical assistance and software updates. All programmers are designed to require a minimum of technical support for both hardware and software. Since we make the product in USA, we supply qualified programmers as trouble-free as possible.
You can register through our website: www.eetools.com. Registration makes you eligible for:
• Customer support, warranty service and technical assistance
• Notification and special pricing on new products and upgrades
Registration is particularly important if the programmer was purchased from a dealer, a distributor or through your purchasing department.
2. Software Updates
Your programmer is designed to be highly flexible and programmable, allowing it to program a wide variety of chips. Consequently, when a problem does arise, it can usually be fixed with just a free software update. The new software updates are available from our WEB page at www.eetools.com Use the new software if you have any other incorrect programming results.
3. Testing the Hardware
Make sure that your programmer works properly before you call us for technical assistance. Refer to Hardware Test section in the Config menu.
4. Quick Self-Diagnostics
In order to provide accurate and fast technical assistance, we recommend that you check the following information before you call our technical support department. We recommend that you obtain the latest software revision before calling our support line with a software problem. Eighty percent of our technical support calls result in asking the user to obtain the latest version of the software.
• For USB programmers TopMaxII and UniMax, you should install the USB driver in your PC after install PC control software. The USB driver is in either CD-ROM or C:Program FilesEE Tools directory.
• ProMax-4G will need the USB installation 4 times and ProMax-8G does 8 times. Do not power Off and ON in 30 seconds and you must wait over 30 seconds once you un-plug an USB cable from PC(USB Hub) and plug-in the same cable.
• Be sure the device selected matches the device being used.
• For multi-site programmer usage, make sure all devices are identical.
• For a device that uses an adapter, be sure that the adapter is correctly oriented, seated properly, and the ZIF socket lever is down.
• Be sure power cord is securely attached to programmer and power pack to wall socket.
• Be sure that power switch is ON.
• Be sure that the parallel cable (IEEE standard, 25 pins and wires) is correctly and securely attached to the programmer and PC. The connection must be direct; there cannot be any software keys or locks between the parallel port and the programmer. Most switch boxes may also cause difficulties.
• You may need to change your printer port [even though it is working fine with your printer] because TopMax/TopMax-8G/Chip Max communicates with your computer via the printer port in a bi-directional mode.
5. Calling Customer Support
E.E.Tools provides telephone technical assistance during normal business hours (9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Mountain time).
• Please call our Technical Support Department or your local E.E.Tools distributor while you are at your computer and be prepared to repeat the sequence of steps leading up to the problem
• Have the following information ready when you call:
– The invoice number for the user who bought programmer from E.E.Tools.
– The distributor’s name and the purchased date.
– The model & serial number found in the back side of programming module.
– The hardware software revision number from option info location at the Maxloader software screen.
– Description of problem with error message.
– The exact part number and package type you are working with.
– The adapter part number for non-standard package.
6. Service Information
Before sending a unit in for service, call us at 408-263-2221 to obtain a Return Authorization Number (RMA). We will not repair your unit unless an RMA was issued.
Warranty Service: Please return the product in the original package with proof of purchase to the below address. Clearly state in writing the performance problem and send any leads, connectors and accessories that you are using with the device.
Non-Warranty Service: Return the product in the original packaging to the below address. Clearly state in writing the performance problem and return any leads, connectors and accessories that you are using with the device. Customers not on open account must include payment in the form of a money order or credit card. For the most current repair charges contact the factory before shipping the product.
Return all merchandise to E.E. Tools, Inc., with pre-paid shipping.
The flat-fee repair charge includes return ground shipping to addresses in North America only. For overnight shipments and non-North America shipping fees contact E.E. Tools. Inc.
Electronic Engineering Tools, Inc
881 Yosemite Way
Milpitas, CA 95035, USA.
Tel : (408) 263-2221
Fax : (408) 263-2230
Include with the instrument your complete return shipping address, contact name, phone number, and description of problem.
7. Returns and Refunds
Your satisfaction is our success! We strive to provide our customers with the highest level of service possible. From first visit to order delivery, we want you to be completely satisfied with your experience.
All products carry a 30 day return policy if the product has not been open from original packaging, otherwise a 15% restocking fee will be imposed.*
Our friendly and knowledgeable sales staff is available to help you find the product that best fits your needs.
You can shop with confidence at eetools.com as every product we ship is covered by a manufacturer’s warranty, unless otherwise noted.
Certain conditions and/or limitations apply:
– Adapters, Sockets for Adapters, UV light bulb
– PLD Compiler, Refurbished & Reconditioned Items
A RETURN AUTHORIZATION NUMBER (RA#) must be obtained from our customer service staff and is required for ALL returns. Merchandise must be returned within 15 days of the issuance of the Return Authorization # at which time the Return Authorization # expires. Return Authorization #’s are non-renewable. Return shipping charges are the sole responsibility of the customer. E.E. Tools reserves the right to return any merchandise without a valid RA# to the customer.
To return a product, please follow the steps outlined below.
1. Obtain a Return Authorization Number (RA#) within 30 days of the original ship date by calling 1-408-263-2221 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Please provide the following information when requesting a Return Authorization #: Invoice number (located on packing slip), name of product being returned, reason for return, your name, daytime telephone number and e-mail address.
3. Verify that all merchandise is in the original packaging with the UPC or bar code intact, and that all components, manuals, cables, and accessories are included.
4. For your protection, use a “traceable” ground shipping method.
5. Address the package to:
881 Yosemite Way
Milpitas, CA 95035
6. Return the merchandise within 15 days of issuance of the RA#. Print the Return Authorization # clearly on the outside of the package. PACKAGES WITHOUT A Return Authorization # WILL BE RETURNED TO THE SENDER.
Credit will be issued after our warehouse receives, inspects, and processes your return; however, your credit card company determines when the issued credit will be reflected in your statement.
Refunds will be issued as follows: (1) Check purchases by check (2) Credit card purchases by credit issued to the credit card used in the original purchase transaction (3) Debit card purchases by credit issued to the debit card used in the original purchase transaction (4) Cash purchases by cash, unless the refund is over $500, which will then be refunded by a check mailed from EETool’s Home Office.
Refund checks are mailed the 10th day from the date merchandise is returned.
*30-days money back guarantee does not apply to software, adapters, sockets, and UV erasers.
8. Limited One-Year Warranty
EE Tools products are covered by manufacturer standard warranty. The warranty is valid for one year from the delivery date. In the case of breakdowns which take place within this warranty period, repair will be carried out free of charge. However, breakdown or damage which occurs due to incorrect operations, modifications or changes carried out by the user, or those due to natural disasters will be exempt from warranty, even if they occur during the warranty period. Place of repair is limited to USA. After expiration of the warranty period, EE TOOLS agrees to offer a repair service to those customers who so request, charging said customers a reasonable fee for labor and materials plus shipping charges. Should any customer return a failed unit for replacement in 30 days after purchasing a brand new unit, EE Tools Distributor shall immediately replace the product out of inventory and return the failed unit to EE TOOLS for replacement or credit.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS: EE Tools’ Hardware Warranty expressly does not cover (i) consumable parts, such as socket for all of adapters and UV light bulb for all of EPROM Erasers; (ii) damage caused by use with non-EE Tools products; (iii) damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, ?ood, ?re, earthquake or other external causes; (iv) damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of EE Tools Authorized Service Provider ; (v) a product or part that has been modi?ed to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of EE Tools; (vi) if any EE Tools serial number has been removed or defaced;
9. Repair (Replacement) Cost for Out-Of-Warranty Products
|TOPMAXII||$295||customer pays both shipping cost|
|TOPMAX||$245||customer pays both shipping cost|
|UNIMAX||$215||customer pays both shipping cost|
|CHIPMAX2||$195||customer pays both shipping cost|
|CHIPMAX||$95||customer pays both shipping cost|
|PROMAX-4G/8G||$245||per socket board|
*Note: EE Tools will pay UPS surface(ground) in USA or Air Parcel mail for international freight. Customers pay expedite freight cost for return shipment.